Many famous individuals from a
variety of industries aided in the
mobilization for war and contributed as
spies, combatants, propagandists,
documentary and newsreel makers,
educators, fund-raisers, entertainers,
and morale-boosters. Hundreds of
celebrities eagerly answered the 'call
to arms' and brought their talents and
patriotism to the intelligence services,
military, combat, and war information
offices. Many worked directly as
operatives or even agents, and even more
assisted the war effort by participating
in, producing, directing or supporting
Did you know?
● Cary Grant was a spy hunter
● Frank Sinatra lent the CIA his jet for rendition flights
Marilyn Monroe assembled drones
● Dr. Seuss produced propaganda instructional cartoons for the US Army Signal Corps
● Lucky Luciano, head of the mafia crime family, worked with the CIA
● The US Secret Service and Scotland Yard hired Harry Houdini to train agents in escapology
● Alfred Hitchcock was an MI6 contact man
● Walt Disney became an undercover spy for the FBI
● Miles Copeland Jr, the father of drummer Stewart Copeland, of the band 'Police', worked for the CIA
● Thubten Norbu, the older brother of the Dalai Lama, worked for the CIA as a translator in the 1960s?
The e-books in this series feature
true stories, filmographies and
biographies with the intelligence
connection from 'real-life' spies.
Celebrity Spies covers forty-three
professions and industries whose famous members 'spied
for the side' and include fascinating trivia and hundreds of
A fascinating, entertaining and informative read - I couldn't put it down. I read it cover to cover in one sitting and I am looking forward to reading more.- Peter Matthews / Writer and historian
In the series:
Actors, Actresses, Adventurers, Archaeologists, Artists, Astronauts, Astronomers, Authors, Businessman, Cartoons, Chefs, Clergy, Cowboys and Indians, Criminals, Dancers, Directors, Engineers, Entertainers, Explorers, Fashion, Groups, Historians, Inventors, Journalists, Movie Producers, Musicians, Mystics, Naturalists, Patriots, Photographers, Physicians, Playwrights, Poets, Politicians, Producers, Royalty, Scholars, Scientists, Sculptors, Singers, Sons and Daughters, Sportsman and 'The Watched'.
Book I - Actors. Features over fifty actors who actively participated in or with the intelligence services.